Notes for contributors
Submitting a manuscript
Articles, policy dialogue papers, comments and reviews are welcomed by the Editors, provided they are unpublished and not on offer to any other publication. These manuscripts should be submitted online at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/peb.
The length of submissions should approximate 4–6000 words for articles, notes 2–3000 words and 1000 words for book reviews. Authors should provide an abstract of the article, as well as a short biographical note.
- Quotation marks should be single. Spelling is Oxford English Dictionary.
- Name and date references should be inserted in parentheses in the text, with page references separated by a colon. For example (McLennan 1994:264–72).
- The reference list should appear at the end of the text, containing only those works appearing in the text. Book and journal titles should be italicised, and titles of journal articles contained within single inverted commas. For example:
- United Nations, 1996. Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific, New York.
- Elek, A., Hill, H. and Tabor, S.R., 1993. ‘Liberalisation and diversification in a small island economy: Fiji since the 1987 coups', World Development, 21(5):749–69.
Abbreviations in tables
- n.a. (not applicable)
- .. (not available)
- - (zero)
- . (insignificant)
Please contact the Editors if you have any questions about submissions to the Pacific Economic Bulletin.